NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody use a loomis sur1266c 2pc. casting rod does your line touch the blank from the tip down to about the 4th guide, i just bought one played with it, put a reel on and simulated playing a fish, noticed the line touches the blank.and the more pressure i put on it almost seemed like it went past the blank, i did not go beyond a 60 degree angle. is this normal , i use power pro,will this cut up the blank

good luck, leo

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody use a loomis sur1266c 2pc. casting rod does your line touch the blank from the tip down to about the 4th guide, i just bought one played with it, put a reel on and simulated playing a fish, noticed the line touches the blank.and the more pressure i put on it almost seemed like it went past the blank, i did not go beyond a 60 degree angle. is this normal , i use power pro,will this cut up the blank

good luck, leo

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Leo

Hi,

I am not familiar with Loomis surf rods. Hopefully some one with knowledge will reply.

When I design a surf rod a critia is that the line does not touch the blank when the rod is flexed. If so, I will move the guides closer together and add additional guides. Another option is to use hi frame guides, keep line off blank and use fewer guides.

Bottom line , you do not want line to touch the blank. Fighting a fish and the friction can heat up you line and break it or wear a spot on your blank/rod. If casting it will limit casting distance.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.