NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 32 Blackfin w/3208 Cats and need extra fuel for canyon trips. I am very interested in any info on fuel bladders. Does anyone use one? Can anyone give advice on using them or brands that are quality. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
They make large above deck gasoline tanks, ie 25 gallons and probably even larger.

I'd be more inclined to just add sub-deck or saddle fuel capacity or mabye jerry-jug if it's only a trip or two a season, but above deck tanks could be an option. Once emptied they could be stored up on the bow or hardtop.

Jon

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I forgot who it was but someone converted their fresh water tank into a fuel tank. I thought that was genius for a fishing boat. Carry your own freakin fresh water.

This post edited by HappyCamper 09:50 AM 07/08/2006

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is now my second year using the 100 gallon pillow bladder I purchased from pillowtanks.com Its very easy to use if u have the proper space for it. I strap it on the hardtop of my 33 wellcraft coastal. We fill it up and when we get out there attach the hose which is the same as a normal gas station hose with a handle and everything. once attached just hit the ball valve and let her flow. I highly reccomend one of these ONLY if you have a perfect spot for it..it is a giant pillow bomb and if handled incorrectly....yea...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
fuel tanks...

I don't know, the thought of those pillow things freaks me out a little. And even putting something filled with fuel up above me.

I would think there would be some room somewhere on a 32 footer to put an auxiliary aluminum fuel tank and valved for convenience for switching where you take fuel from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.