NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure where this should be posted but here it goes..
as many of you forum guys know everywhere else has groupbuys..

what this means is if and VENDOR wants to sell something he has to guarantee a certain amount of sales to get the price dropped.

lets say "RM bait and tackle" wants to get rid of some van staal 250's they retail for $699.00..... if he can guarantee 10 sales the price goes to lets say $650.00 if he gets 20 sales price goes to $600.00. i am just estimating prices (they don't have to be that) but the beauty of it is, it seems that us fishing people spend a lot of money on equipment... and are always looking to expand that collection...so why not get them cheaper...its a win win for both vendors and consumers....
also the product could be anything to rod blanks to swivels.....
im not sure where it would fit or if any vendor selling products through the site is permitted but i figure it was worth a shot.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Can't Resist

Your idea is not unique to this site, just check the Off Shore section, they have one going right now for a tuna magnet, what ever the **** that is.;)

I did one for cast nets over a year ago with decent results for all.

Just post it on the forums you like, GFF ( here), B/Angler, Surf, etc., and then narrow it down to one forum.

It's not an easy Task by any means becuase if you start it you should follow up on it, sort of like take the bull by the horns type of thing.:rolleyes:

I was gonna say DUH!! but figured you deserve some sort of explanation be fore you get torched by some...LOL

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
baywatch wrote:

I was gonna say DUH!! but figured you deserve some sort of explanation be fore you get torched by some...LOL
dont matter fire way...
they only work if people follow through....if you say "im in" and have no intentions of buying they you not helping anyone..
an also i wasnt trying to be unique... maybe there where some failed attempts...but where any of them followed through??
i am also speaking as a consumer NOT a vendor...just trying to encourage some vendors to do it...

This post edited by toyotaoffroad91 06:45 PM 01/28/2008

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Most will have Sponcer Annoucement at the top of the D' boards on certain items.

they only work if people follow through....if you say "im in" and have no intentions of buying they you not helping anyone..

Thats all part of it, annouce your intentions, get people interested over a few week span, gather all info for method of payment,dead line dates for payments, shipping address for all items to be shipped to.. or find out if they can be shipped to individual locations..most time the guys who are in on the buy work together as they all have something in common.

And then pray it all comes out the right way..LOL

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
Off the top of my head, we have had group buys on liferafts, EPIRBs, underwater lights, Mako Magnets ( a second one going on right now) T-shirts, etc. etc.

Feel free to try and organize one for whatever piece of equipment suits your fancy.

·
Registered
770 Posts
may be we could have a new buy and sell forum. fishermen and vendors could buy and sell tackle. that would be great when looking for hard to find plugs or rods and reels instead of looking for plugs on e-bay where guys buy $40 plugs and sell them for $80.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you are interested in group buys for boating supplies or electronics, let me know what you are looking for (via PM) and I can see what we can do. We've done them before with great success on other boards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.