NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife and our neighbor like to play pranks on one another.
here is a picture of 1,000 forks stuck in the neighbors lawn.
my wife knew they would be out late one night, so she and her freind took a ride to the supermarket for supplies.
imagine waking up to 1000 forks in your lawn and having to pick them out of the grass.

anyone else play practical jokes on neighbors?
open house signs etc..need some good ideas.

Attachments

·
Registered
37,770 Posts
Yea

Last Christmas 2006 I put a plastic snowman peeking into my neighbors window, about a 1/2 later she called screaming, please come over quick someone is outside my window trying to get in.

Another time I took those giant yellow lawn application flags and placed about 100 all over a friends yard while they were at work, still does not know it was me yet

·
Administrator
112,311 Posts
not my neighbor,,, but i did put my buddy's white wooden Xmas deer in a natural position his neighbors complained to him when they saw it

·
Registered
907 Posts
Last year my wife's mother was foolish enough to give us her Christmas list, which contained a "Maid". She got a Rubbermaid trash can, Minute Maid concentrated O.J., Sunmaid raisins, a "Maid in Manhattan" DVD, Maidenform bras, and a few other things I can't remember.

If the battle escalates, you can always put flour in his car's air conditioner vents. This works best on a 100 degree day in August.

The best one I ever saw was what a guy at work did to his buddy, who is a corrections officer. He had a license plate frame made up and attached it to his friends rear plate. I can't say what it said, but it basically said he was a very cheap prostitute.

·
Registered
35,001 Posts
Many years ago, one of the guys that works with us used to tie stuff to the back of our cars. Stuff like old dolls, empty golf club bags, etc....and hide them underneath or a little away from the rear of the car. You wouldn't know till you drove away and someone came along side and said, "you lost your clubs"......LOL

So.............we got him back with 1/4" rope, caution tape, packing peanuts and concrete blocks

While he was on the road, we filled his 86' Olds with packing peanuts.......completely, wrapped it with about 1,000ft of 1/4" yellow nylon rope, (the kind they chase wires with) and 2,000ft of yellow caution tape........
.......that car looked like a big yellow birthday present......

Then we took the payloader and lifted the rear or the car a bit and put 2" concrete patio blocks under the springs behind the wheels until they were just enough off the ground.

After he spent over an hour getting everything out of and off his car...:rolleyes:......he jumped in and tried to leave.....
.............only to have the tires spinning free....

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Back 25 Years ago my buddy got married to this dispickable witch of a women! They were headed cross country to Yellowstone with a pickup camper.. He had a Porto potty on the floor knowing his bride hated gas station restrooms. At the time we had a pond full of the biggest bull frog you ever seen...Now this guy knew we would do something so we rigged up his horn to his brakes just so he wouldn't go "looking"....
During the "reception" I stuffed a few of those croakers in the potty ( no chemicals supposed to use just for peeing for his wife). They started their trip and around a third of the way the bride asks to pull over....They stopped in a very crowded rest area...Next thing my buddy sees out his mirror is his wife screaming and trying to run from the truck with her pants around her ankles!!!! Still makes me chuckle!!! :O)

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Try puting an [open house] sign on their front lawn. Tie a ballon to the mailbox for authenticity...
Don't forget to re rout all the other [open house] signs so the arrows direct prospective buyers to the new place..

We also would put real estate For Sale signs on the front lawns of people we didn't care for. The ones with the metal frames are easier to put in. THe big ones with the 4x4's need a post hole digger, thats too noisy..

I like the fork idea, that's funny..

·
Registered
259 Posts
I fish with Don on the Devocean often. Last year at the end of the season he pulled the boat and put it in his driveway. My son and I went to Ace Hardare and got a for sale sign and put another fishing buddy's phone number on the sign and taped it to the boat.

When Donny finally found the sign he called the number and of course the friend had no idea what he was talking about.

Andy
on the Jiggs and Barbara

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
togman wrote:
my wife and our neighbor like to play pranks on one another.
here is a picture of 1,000 forks stuck in the neighbors lawn.
my wife knew they would be out late one night, so she and her freind took a ride to the supermarket for supplies.
imagine waking up to 1000 forks in your lawn and having to pick them out of the grass.

anyone else play practical jokes on neighbors?
open house signs etc..need some good ideas.

Not for nothin but isn't it more work to stick in 1,000 forks than to take them out? I mean a good rake and scoop them up is alot easier than getting on your hands and knees and sticking each individual fork in the ground.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Not neighbor

but co-worker. We always leave our stuff on our desks when we go to lunch so I grabbed a co-workers keys and made a copy. I would run down and move his car in the parking garage. He really did think he was losing his mind!

·
Registered
17,235 Posts
craigkoproski wrote:
but co-worker. We always leave our stuff on our desks when we go to lunch so I grabbed a co-workers keys and made a copy. I would run down and move his car in the parking garage. He really did think he was losing his mind!LMAO, my CRS is so bad that if I didn't park in the same exact spot every day I would spend too much time looking for my car every day

·
Registered
47,014 Posts
I was working on a job in Manhattan (AT&T Building, now Sony) A couple of us took our foreman?s plan table, his hard hat, blueprints, and newspaper and put it on his front lawn in Copiague. Best part was he knew I had to be behind it, but couldn?t figure out how the kid that lived in Queens and didn?t have a car got the stuff to his house.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
My boss had a walled office. When she went on vaction we broke into it by moving panels in the drop ceiling and going over the wall. We filled the office with styrofoam peanuts all the way to the roof. Her door opened inwards. When she returned she couldn't push the door open. So she leaned on it and got it to open about a foot. For 20 or 30 seconds she just stood there as peanuts poured through the opening and over the top of the door burying her.

Weeks later she was still finding peanut in her office.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sure its lots of work.
its a prank though. i thought they were nuts myself. you need to imagine yourself going out to get the sunday paper and seeing all these white plastic things in your lawn.
i forgot to mention, they also left a note on her front storm door.
it read " you've been forked"
when they got home, they didnt understand what it meant and went to bed. rememember, it was dark out when they did this, so when the neighbor gets home, they don't see the forks.

but i do agree with you. i would never waste my time doing this.

This post edited by togman 06:20 PM 01/30/2008

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Many moons ago the big boss's nephew from Missouri came to work for the summer on the railroad. Let's just say he was a little 'squishy'.

I modified the picture below to show what we did to his license plate with a little brush and some modeling paint.

Drove around all summer and back to Missouri without a clue.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.