NorEast Fishing Forum banner

For you Jones Inlet area guys

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Aquarius 
#1 ·
I was out early this morning looking for bunker up in Freeport creek and saw the most amazing looking boat I have seen in a long time. Has anyone seen the boat Double Down, docked in that marina at cow meadow park. Wow, was a beautiful ride. Not sure what kind of boat it was, maybe a 50' Viking? Looked brand new and gorgeous. Guy at my marina told me the owner invented the credit card swipe machine. Lucky *******. :) Would love to get a ride out in that thing.

#3 ·
Double Down

Double Down is an 86-footer, designed by Applied Concepts Unleashed out of Stuart, Florida, and built at the Tribute custom-boat facility, also in the Stuart area. Triple MTUs with two straight-shaft inboards and a waterjet on the center motor power this behemoth.

#4 ·
psciacca wrote:
Double Down is an 86-footer, designed by Applied Concepts Unleashed out of Stuart, Florida, and built at the Tribute custom-boat facility, also in the Stuart area. Triple MTUs with two straight-shaft inboards and a waterjet on the center motor power this behemoth.
Man that's one **** of a ride.......

#5 ·
Looks nothing like a viking. Here is a picture while it was almost completed. I took it from a small cesna High wing December 07 For Tribute Yachts
Boat did not perform as well as Applied Concepts thought it would. Tribute did a great job on the build. I think the Carbon fiber tower outrigers and toilet seats are a little over the top. Nice boat!!

Attachments

#7 ·
pipedream wrote:
Elevator from the fly bridge to the tuna tower.Double Down tops out at 48 kts and burns 340 gals at wot from what I've heard.Amazing ride.
Dont believe everything you hear. Those #`s are alot low on the fuel and slightly high on speed. Elevator? If you want to call it that just make sure the radar is off or you might not get past that guilotine.(the array is inside the carbon tower) you stand on a platform and it raises or lowers you.
I have been all over this boat thruout the whole build the inside is as curvey or futuristic as the outside.

#9 ·
There is no elevator in the boat. Both radars and all antennas are inside the tower. Boat cruises at 37 knots and hits 48 wide open. The crap that you take will weigh more than the actual toilet itself.

The boat has alot of neat features inside but out of respect for the owner its not for me to say.

#15 ·
goodeats wrote:
I was out early this morning looking for bunker up in Freeport creek and saw the most amazing looking boat I have seen in a long time. Has anyone seen the boat Double Down, docked in that marina at cow meadow park. Wow, was a beautiful ride. Not sure what kind of boat it was, maybe a 50' Viking? Looked brand new and gorgeous. Guy at my marina told me the owner invented the credit card swipe machine. Lucky *******. :) Would love to get a ride out in that thing.

Only 36' off

#20 ·
So I am wondering. How many times did this guy get out to fish last season? How many hours did he put on the boat? How well does that thing drift for fluke? Can you clam chum from it? Will it anchor well over the Lizzie D?

Guys got a lot more money than me. But I bet I spent more time on the water. All that money can't buy him more trips. I think I'll keep my Groverbuilt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.