NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

We have not had anyone post flies. The past 3 years i have really got into fly fishing salt water. I have also been tying my own flies now for some time. Attached below are some i have tied recently, not my designs but never the less. I would like to see some posts out there of what you have been tying. Lets see them.

always gottafly

· Registered
441 Posts
Hey Gotta-

Those flies look pretty good. I just started tying & my efforts have been fairly disasterous. Do you have any suggestions for a good source of clear tying info? What are the most important tools to have? I have a vise & some materials - that's it.

Thanks for your help-

Steve

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve,

A good place to start is with the Tying Flies for Salt Water CD-Rom by Dick Stewart & Farrow Allen. It is a great purchase it gives you step by step Video feeds, Step by step snapshots as well as a full library of Flies and bait fish. That would be a great start. Also where do you fish? my first year casting i mostly casted a clouser or a bigger version of a trout wooly bugger in white and black. I was surprised by the amount i caught with those two flies. They are fairly easy to make and very productive. As for fly tying tools and materials it is endless collection. Every week there is a new syntectic fiber or a new something else. What are you looking to tie? I will try to help out is much as i can, i have been tying for a couple of years now and been to several classes. So if you want more details shoot me an email and i will give you as much help as i can. I am also interested in starting a club and web site. Drop ame a line.

always gottafly

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cant believe no one out there has any flies to display. Someone must have one fly to post. Jaiem what about you , show me something, Speonk10, fliesthatcatch,SteveByrne,flyrodder is it really that taboo to share the contents of the flybox. Come on now.

always gottafly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.