NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Wet,

What knot are you using that's keeps slipping?

I've been using fluoro for years and rarely had a knot pull. On tippets of 20# and less I've used the improved clinch knot, holmer rhode circle knot, no-slip mono knot and uni knot.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WETALINE: I tried Improved Clinch, Palomar, Clinch, and Uni, I wet them and cinch them tight. But while fighting False Albacore they have all let go more than 90% of the time.

·
Registered
843 Posts
wetaline; what kind of line you are using.mono.or
braded line .went makeing a knot ,be sure that all wraps are laying neatly and formed to specifica. when drawing the knot .always do it slowly and with even tension.doing this ensures konts lay snug and tight.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I use a knot called the perfection loop, its a little tricky to tie but it wont slip and its a 90% knot. there is also a knot similar to the rhodes knot but you take two turns around the standing line and then run the tag end back through the loop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.