NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being that Fluke reg. were 17" are we in for a huge season next summer? Just like the rest of you guys I must have tossed back hundreds of 15.5-16" fish this season, not to mention a bunch of boarderline 17's. This past season was the largest size min. for fluke I have ever experienced. Does this mean the avg. fluke this season will surpass anything we have seen in recent years?Anyone with any info, please reply. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I doubt you'll see much of an increase in the average size of the fluke at all. Keep in mind that the commercial limit is 14" and they are allowed to 60% of the total harvest. This combined with the fact that most of their shorts are returned to the water dead means that we see little benefit from our sacrifices. IMHO, the more stringent regulations are nothing more than farse to placate the commercials and envirowackos.

That being said, if you are looking for larger average fluke try the East end of LI and you should fair better, especially early in the season.

Gamakatsu

This message was edited by Gamakatsu on 12-13-01 @ 8:53 AM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.