NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
If you are using a spinning reel, then any 7' rod would do. Make sure you match it with your reel. Look for a graphite rod. E-glass is heavier than graphite. I would not recommend E-glass unless you are bait fishing.

You can go cheap and buy an ugly stik.
Daiwa, Penn, Shimano, and St. Croix makes good rods. Get a rod that is rate for using 10-25lb line or one that is within the range.

I use a 6'3" Daiwa IM6 graphite spinning rod with #10 Big Game or #30 fireline.

For casting outfit, I would recommend a 7' rod also. I use an Abu Garcia 7' one piece rod rate for 10-20lb line.

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Hi,

Very good info above.. Recently was looking at rods in a local tackle shop. Came across some Diawa Eliminators, I think that was the model, pinkish/purpleish tags. Very nice rods for what you are looking for.

I would use them for shallow water bucktailing.

Capt Neil

·
Registered
248 Posts
I was just going to suggest that rod Neil. We got them into the shop about a month ago. For the $40 or so dollars that they cost they are great fast action blanks suited perfectly to bucktailing. I sold one to a customer this morning and will get a report back on it this afternoon. This particular gentleman usually buys St. Croix from us so we will see how he likes it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.