NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would personally like to see the other option of 17" and a season from april 20 to dec 31.
I throw back almost all fish that are under approx 18-19 inches anyway. It isn't too often that I get to go out for them, so a longer season is what I would like, so I have more opportunities to go. However, this would almost put the anglers who only have shore access almost out of the picture...how many 17" fluke do we see caught off bulkheads, beach, etc?
Whatever we end up with, I'm going to try making the most out of it. :)
~tight lines~

~spinfreak~

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
On March 7, 2002 The NJ Marine Fisheries Council adopted a 16 1/2-inch minimum length with a bag limit of eight and a season which won't open until May 18 and closes after Set. 24.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YES! Its a done deal, read it and weep! 8 fish at 16.5 inches, from 18 May to 24 Sept. in NJ. I have one question. The people that make these regulations, do they fish or play golf?

JackFish56 <*)))><

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.