NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Dockboy: In my opinion, florocarbon is worth every dime! It has made a big difference for daytime chunking, especially on sunny days. I also like the smaller diamater, seems to make for a more natural presentation. LATER

·
Registered
32 Posts
What the????

LAst season I was fishing on the seven B's from point judith. It was a very clear morning and we set up behind a dragger. Well nothing quite like surface action tuna. hear's the strange thing. I had 2 types of hooks rigged up. First was 9/0 gamakatsu on 100lb. jinkai and the other was same hooks on 130lb. flourocarbon seagar. Well the action was bizerk. Here was the game, take a whiting and hook it through the back(not even hiding the hook). Peel off about sixty feet of line and grenade the bait out and hang on. After the second fish I ahd to cut the leader for time conservation. I reached in the bag grabbed another hook did everything the same,lobbed the bait out and the fish would come up and turn at the last second. I brought the bait in grabbed a fresh one and did it over. Same result, So I look in the bag and I found that I grabbed a seagar leader. I switched back to jinkai and hooked up right away. Did anyone else ever have a similiar situation?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.