NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Alberto,
Where will you be starting your flounder fishing season?
North or south shore?
What baits will you be starting out with.
What kind of chum.
Thanks, Bobw

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Hello BobW,
I believe it is very important for you to learn everything about the species you like to target and try to seek them around your favorite ?local? spots.

Now, to answer your questions?
How to find a productive flounder spot: I will generally find a shallow, dark bottomed bay (warm water) with deep pockets/holes near moving water.

My favorite bait is mussels and sandworms. However, flounder at times are incredibly finicky and therefore I will also have bloodworms and clams prepared for those special days. Work it slowly near the bottom and try to feel for the soft takes.

In the chum department? you can?t beat a few cracked mussel and clams- but I caution you NOT to overfeed them!

As to where I am going to be fishing?. Well, it all depends on what the tide brings. There is a good chance that you will find me working the small pockets around the Moriches / Shinne**** bays. As time progresses? I work the Great South Bay waters, the Northshores. I also keep an eye at the infamous Jamaica bay because it is a notorious place for big flounder.

Just remember? no matter where you fish, the water is still cold. You need to work the bottom slowly and give time for the nibble and set the hook softy! ;)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.