NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to take the skiff out tommorow, but my old lady doesn't want to go on the boat tommorrow, so we're going to head to NY to try for flounder off the shore.
I was going to head over to Hudson Park and try there. I also was going to try near Glen Island, but don't know where to fish around there. I've only been there once, and it's so big of an area, that I'm not sure which spots would be productive. Where should I fish? (please describe a location by directions, not names...I'm not familiar with names of areas...lol.)
Or am I better of heading out to Freeport? I've never fished there either, so if I am better off going there, where can I fish off the shore?
~thanks~

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think Glen Island would be a good place. You should fish near the launch ramp and cast out to the docks and towards the channel bouy's. There use to be some great fishing there over the years and I'm confident that there's go to be some flatties in there somewhere.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
I have a new weapon to use to convince her to go...her mother lives in Yonkers, and she just came back from a trip to Florida. Tell her that after we go fishing, we could stop in by her mother...lol.
Also, where's the closest bait shop, and what time do they open. I've only been over there a few times, and the only biat shops that I know of is the one by Hudson Park (don't know when they open in the morning), and the 2 in the center of New Rochelle (Don't know when they open either.) I also know of Jacks in City Island, but that's a little too far out of the way for me.
What would be my best bet?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hudson Park

Hi Spinfreak,

My shop in Hudson park opens during the week at seven and on Saturday and sunday at sixthirty. If you have any questions I would be glad to help you. The number to the shop is (914) 235-0050

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.