NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice with fishing from surf and boat. I'll be staying in Little Torch with the family April 2-4. I've rented from Buds Boats in the past with brothers/friend and fished right inside the bays, hawk's channel, and further out around the looe key reef (I realize it is restricted now). I'm kind of tight on cash and was considering a party boat instead-saw the web site for the Marathon Lady and also Sea Dog Charters, who advertises half-day charters for 60$ for four hour trips. What could I expect on any of these trips? I also have a friend who lives in Big Pine with access to a boat slip (and no boat?!) and I read about putting a chum bag out at night in the canals and seeing what comes along. I would like to try to catch pinfish and work up the food chain. Mostly I enjoy bending a rod on grouper, yellowtail, cuda, shark etc. I plan on bringing light to medium tackle (calcutta with 12 lb and heavier spinning set-up with 20lb line). Would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Thanks a lot. Billfish

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Striper77
Thanks for the info. I will check into fishing the bridges and would like to do so during the day if possible because I imagine it could be pretty tricky at night. If I recall correctly, I caught pinfish last time with tiny hooks and pieces of squid after dipping the chum bag into the water a few times to attract their attention. Any advice in terms of the rigs-use a float and suspend a bait -vs- a couple ounces of lead and a leader on the bottom? Circle -vs- J-hooks.

Thanks

Thanks a lot. Billfish

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.