NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am probably going to fish the surf/intracoastal area of Hobe Sound-Stewart this Jan.In years past I always got a non-resident weekly permit.I recently heard that one doesn't need a license for salt water if fishing from land.When I checked Fla regs I could only find an exemption for residents not non-residets when surf fishing.
Hope another surf-rat snowbird out there can set me straight,
Thanks much-Bob

·
Registered
120 Posts
if your on a pier...

no problem. in all honesty they wont bug you on the beach as long as your doing catch and release but if you plan on keeping fish from the sand....better get a license

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
BobbyF wrote:
Gaucho,Matzy,GREG

Thanks for your replies. I have no problem paying the fee,hopefuly they use the money for the fishing industry. BobbyF

They do. It has been a win/win situation for the state. Good luck and have fun.

Greg

·
Registered
145 Posts
Fishing license

Non residents must have a license to fish from land, even residents must have a license if wade fishing and go past a certain depth.
Some piers have a general license that allows all users to fish from there without having a license same as charter boats so be certain to check if pier fishing
John
Fla. resident

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.