NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worked on the floating dock yesterday with Cousin James. Dock is ready for boat arrival in the next 2 weeks. I have one galvinized one piece pole that holds the floating dock away from the pilings. My first qustion is what is this piece of me metal called and where can 2 used? I want to add 2 to the dock. The dock is about 55 feet long and it has 2 now. I would be interested in used ones if anyone has any leads. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Probably Galvanized Steel

I used to work as a dock builder. If the pole you are referring to is 3-4 inches wide, it is probably galvanized steel. I am not sure where to get them, but you could try Home Depot, a plumbing supply shop, or your local dock builder. My buddy, Gene from Quogue Dock Builders probably knows where to find them. (631) 653-5123

Good luck and hope this helps

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. The pole is Galvinized steel and the Diameter is about 1.34 to 1.75 inches. I spoke to Oceanside Steel in Oceanside. They have the poles. Will be overthere this weekend. I have a friend in a machine shop that is going to bend it for me.
Thanks for your reply. I may call your friend if the trip to Oceanside does not work out. It seems that there is a steel and dock supply place right next to one another that has a very large supply of docking hardware. It was difficult to find places where I could buy the materials to do the work myself. Thanks again for the info and take care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.