NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Capt. Could you share with your viewing audience what you plan on bring for sale, as well as what other vendors have brought in the past. thx izzy

Catch and Release
ErnieP

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Izzy,

I will bring: many types of blanks, some 1st qual and some blems
Gudebrod thread, nylon, ncp, trimar
Synthetic grips
Reel seats
Wooden butts
DEMO RODS and demo blanks to play with.

And what ever else I can find. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Capt Neil

Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil
(631)567-8049

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Izzy,

Yes , I will be part of Al G's seminar. Just what I will be speaking on and demonstrating is still in the planning stage. It will be a great show, especially for beginners and people new to building custom rods.

Hope to see you there.

There will be a flea market involved.

Neil

(631)567-8049

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi.

Just floated the last coat of finish on a Calstar GX7. The guides were installed using the Roberts Wrap(spiral wrap). I will have this rod along with many other Calstar blanks for you to see if you are not familiar with them.

In the process of installing the top wraps on the demo spiral wrap rod. This demo has guides installed the normal conventional way(on top) and also spiraled to the bottom of the blank. I will be able to demonstate rod balance to you. For all the doubting Thomas's this demo will make a believer of you. A most believeable demo. Just ask to see it.

Thanks to Todd Vivian (Lamiglas Product Mgr) and Al Goldberg (the Rod Prof) I was able to get the brand new Lamiglas surf bkank CSB1142M. This is a 9 1/2' composite 2 piece blank. I won't have time to completely finish this rod but I will bring it to the Flea market for you to flex.

I will also bring my demo Lamiglas surf blanks for you to become familiar with.

Capt Neil

(631)567-8049

This message was edited by Capt Neil on 11-16-01 @ 3:27 PM

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi.

The Flea Market is being held at the K of C hall in Lindenhurst.
The banner on the right side of this screen has the address.

The location is south of Sunrise Hwy, north of Montauk Hwy and west of Wellwood Ave.

Here is what I would do if I was going south on Wellwood Ave, south of Sunrise Hwy. As soon as you go under the railroad tracks turn right. 3 blocks along should be South Broadway, turn left. Follow South Broadway awhile till you see 400 South Broadway. You are there. Please be sure to say 'Hello"

Capt Neil

(631)567-8049

·
Registered
524 Posts
Tom,

The CSB114 2-piece is rated from 2-5 ounces with lots of power.

Izzy, I am fianlizing the workshop agenda with Neil. As soon as I firm up the location and date Neil will post it here and I will post it on my Board. I spent the day sorting through blanks for the workshop fleamarket. Hope to see you there. I, hopefully, will be togging on the 24th.

Al

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.