NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from one of the best weeks in the Fl keys.. Went fishing with my good friend Capt Jeff from "CATCH EM ALL "..The first day we looked for sailfish after a frw hours with no sails we went deep-drop fishing well we hooked up on some jacks from 20 to 25lbs & kings too..I'll tell you those jacks love to pull drag..

The second day we headed into the bay Jeff took me to a spot and droped the hook ..Well it took about 30 seconds & we had cobia in the 50lb range what a fight after two big cobia we put out some bait for kings..Well the kings showed up in size & numbers..They were in the mid 40lb range & one after another..Jeff put a bluerunner on a bottom fish rod I went down & bam a Jewfish in the mid 50lb..After a dozen cobia, king after king & Jewfish to 80lbs,I saw what looked like a big tarpon break water..So we sent some baits way back & saw a bunch of fish on the top BAM fish on I started him in BAM second fish on after a long fight on my calcutta 400 A redfish came to the boat in the low 40lb range second red just under 50lb..

We caught so many fish I cant remember the all from spinner sharks,kings,cobia,redfish,many different kinds of grouper & snapper on & on .Just a great day of fishing with Capt Jeff..

The third days we took the kids out what can I say great time with snapper , grouper & large sharks 250 to 300lbs..

Thanks you Capt Jeff till next time

This post edited by CAPT RICHI 08:24 AM 12/30/2007

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.