NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
LOL!

I like this one:

"The pain system in fish is virtually the same as in birds and mammals."
---Dr. Donald Broom, professor of animal welfare, Cambridge University

First, how can you compare the physiology of a fish to that of a mammal? Talk about apples and oranges! Even a 6th grade bio student knows the nervous systems of the two are significantly different.

Second, how do you get to be a Prof. of animal welfare? What kind of requirements are there? What subjects are taught? For that matter, what's this guy have his PhD in?! I doubt biology or medicine.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love it. Right next to the banner for a free vegetarian starter kit is the link to Eating Fish is Dangerous. I thought vegans liked fish.

These are the guys who kinda remind me of River Phoenix. Not that any senseless dealth is a tradegy, here was a guy who wouldn't eat dairy, meat or wear leather, but OD's on Heroin outside a dive nightclub in Holywood.

Don't buy those farmers products because of the hurt put on cows, buy the criminal products and ingest those instead.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Is a plant any less a living thing?

If you take a slice of lettuce or carrot or tomato etc from your refrigerator and put it under a microscope you can see live plant cells going about their cellular lives.

Yet we grow billions of plants just for harvetsing and eating. We tamper with their genetics, force breed plants, shower them with chemicals, then cut them down in the prime of their lives and boil them, bake them, fry them etc.

And there have been very credible studies that do show plants have reactions to attack (fire, cutting etc).

So is a plant any less a live?

What are we to eat then? Just water??

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Banned
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How about the part that attacks Jesus and discredits the bible. There is no limit to who they will put on their "hate list". The poor boy scouts are under attack because they have "fishing" and "fish & wildlife mangement" merit badges. Sharks are their heroes. Aquariums are evil places. Hooking a fish is like reaching for an apple off a tree and having a steel hook penetrate your hand and drag your body into an atmosphere in which you cannot breath...

Oh brother!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Id like to see them go french kiss a 10 lb bluefish.
People need a good source of protien, we have specialized teeth for cutting, grinding. If these people got thier way the human race would evolve teeth like Bugs bunny be too skinny and live to be 40 tops.
What a clueless bunch.
Alan " fisheater"

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I think you could easily get away with saying that these PETA-droids are environmental extremists!

What will they be preaching next? That CIPRO is painful to anthrax bacteria?

I wonder... if you bury them at sea, will they make a fish attracting reef?

HMMM....

TSLTW

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
Bluegill, a true VEGAN does not eat any animal (including fish), or animal byproducts, such as milk, cheese, etc. They also do not wear any animal products. I had a bunch of these idiots in college with me and we got to debate about the error of their ways in some classes.

Even a true VEGAN causes adverse impacts on animals and wildlife not to mention the stresses on the plants that Jaiem mentioned. While they are not directly killing animals by not eating or wearing them, they are indirectly killing them by paying a farmer to grow crops.

Farms use tons of pesticides every year to protect their plants from insects. Often these pesticides also runoff into streams and kill fish. They shoot deer, geese and blackbirds for destroying crops. Not to mention all of the animals that are displaced by filling wetlands for farmland and tilling croplands.

Like it was mentioned earlier, we are omnivores and are meant to eat meat. These jerks don't have a legitamate leg to stand on to base their arguments.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am with you all the way (bhm25) Where do i sign up. These people are sick fanatics. We adults try to teach our kids about the joy's of fishing in hopes of keeping our kids away from some of the evil's of this world. Then along come some group of fanatics trying to teach our children that fishing is evil. Please give me a break! If fishing is evil, then i have been sleeping with Satan for the last 37 years. And i look foward to it for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I hear ya doughboy. I had a load of them in college, I just get confused because they keep upping the ante in terms of extrememism or what constitutes veganism.

It use to be no red meat, then no poultry, no any animal products, etc. When I was in college, my last two years I was an RA (resident advisor). These guys were such pains in the ***.

We had to construct special diets, etc for these guys, finally it got to the point where they had to have there own special floor in the dorm becuase they were "oppresed".

The best thing, and this is sure to get a laugh, every now and then one would go crazy and sneak out for a burger and deal with his friends when he got back and they would scream at him for like an hour. Most of these cases were guys who were going through a vegan phase cause a lot of this vegan chicks were really cute and wore all that cool hemp clothing (as well as smoking a lot of the other, less industrial hemp!!!)Pretty uninhibited chicks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I am sick and tired of these **** tree-huggers! Do they know that even plants have a type of nervous system? On their page they have this picture of a dog with a hook in its mouth, asking "If you wouldnt do this to a dog...", if I thought I could catch a huge tuna, I would jam an anchor up a dogs butt and cast him out!!!

:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
someone should ask the Doc if he has ever seen someone push the guts back into a bird and see it swim away. i caught a sea robin once gut hooked and unhooked him gently placed the organs back into him and watched him swim away to be caught anotherday can a bird do that?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.