NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I don't have a boat so i do a lot of surf fishing. I was wandering if you can give me the name of a very good reel and/or rod for fluke. And then another good reel/rod for stripers/blues.
I'm not that concerned with price but i'd rather not spend over $200. Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, I don't have a boat so i do a lot of surf fishing. I was wandering if you can give me the name of a very good reel and/or rod for fluke. And then another good reel/rod for stripers/blues.
I'm not that concerned with price but i'd rather not spend over $200. Thanks

·
Registered
831 Posts
The reel for the heavier surf outfit is a no-brainer. Penn 704Z. $70 or so, and it'll last a long time with minimal maintenece, and won't let you down when you need it the most. This will let you spend a little more on a quality rod. The Daiwa Sealine-X is a good starter rod and one you can grow with, too. If you want to spend a little more, and not go too far over the $200 target, look at the St Croix Ben Doerr line.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Al---if there's some protocol here about waiting for you to make the first response to any question, let me know. You remember how it was at "another site" with "another forum host" ;)

Don't want to step on your toes, bud. I'll be out and about tomorrow, maybe tonight too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.