NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
according to the "PATENT TRADER"newspaper.."they" are not going to open up any reservoirs by april 1st<<<<<BUT YA NEVER KNOW...THE "lovely" NYC MAYOR WANTS THEM CLOSED ,AND ALSO WANTS F-16's to patrol all watershed..this is what i hear and read>>>>LETS HOPE ITS NOT TRUE!!!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
While I believe that they will reopen by April 1 or there abouts, we shouldn't take anything for granted. We need to keep our ears open and spread the word of any news! We also need to be prepared to go on the offensive if this changes!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spoke to a buddy today,Gil Bell.he is a writer for new york fish and game.he said the reservoir's will be open april 1st.as for the permits,he said,they are getting around 1000 applications /day and will take 8-12 weeks to be sent back! <--~~YUK~~~WILL KEPP EVERYONE POSTED ON NE NEW NEWS!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
This is just a guess, but I believe the DEP will show some early latitude in their permit enforcement. If the 1000 a day figure is correct. Then there is no way the DEP can process all the permit requests on time. What they will probably do is allow you to fish while your permit is in transit. Just like they do with the boat permits. If stopped. I'm sure they will ask you for a fishing license, and proper ID. Then later they will check your information against their application data. If it turns out you lied and there is no pending application. Then you will probably face some repercussions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.