NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alberto:

I was thinking about buying a canoe to fish the bay. My budget is a bit tight to buy a larger boat, which was my desire, however I found a canoe at Sports authority well within my limits. I was wondering Do you think a canoe will be a good idea for the bay? I know that there are a growing number of fishermen using kayaks now but I don't feel safe in a Kayak. I would appreciate some advice on the matter.

Polo

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for opening my eyes

Thank you for opening my eyes guys. I was under the impression that the canoe will be safer. But now I am considering a kayak instead. I am particularly looking at the posibility of purchasing a "Cobra Fish and Dive Kayak" I hear is very roomy and very stable. Is there any other Model I could consider for the bay? I am looking for stability and maybe the posibility to bring along a friend.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks JonSS:

I appreciate your comment. I have been setting aside some funds to purchase the canoe and now I am just going to shift to a kayak instead. In addition, Ive found a place in Sheepshead Bay where they rent kayaks and I am going to check if the have one of these FnD's I could rent to try it.
Polo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.