NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing eqipment on internet sites

Would anyone happen to know some good sites where I would be able to compare and purchase equipment? At this time I am looking for an assortment of solid Krockodile lures - Thanks

·
Registered
457 Posts
After you get a few prices, check out your local B&T. After you add shipping costs to your on-line order, most savings are eliminated. Plus you'll have your equipment sooner.

I'm with Wader - support the local guys.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Local Guys???

I'm curious as to whether or not this is unreasonable.

125yds 20lb Fireline put on Reel #1.
125yds 20lb Fireline put on Reel #2.

Told dealer that anti-reverse on Penn 704(reel #2) didn't work, he told me "...the sping was not seated right, no big deal".

Grand total for all above $47.00

hmmmmm?
300yds Fire line $20-24.
less than 5 minutes to re-seat spring?

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
I've seen in catalogs 300 yard spools of 30# Fireline go for $25-$30.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
I would rather pay my local guy a couple of extra bucks per sale to keep him in business rather then see another empty storefront in my town. In most instances the cash he takes in stays in the town rather then going to some nameless entity located several states away.

I apply the same philosophy to other purchases besides tackle. Would rather pay the local hardware guy a couple of extra bucks for the same reason - keep 'em in business.

Obviously if it's a big ticket item & the price is drastically different - I may go elsewhere for the purchase. But if it's only a matter of a couple of dollars - I go "local" all the time.

If you see a large differece in price, have you ever asked the local guy if he'd match the price or at least come close to it. I have - you'd be surprised at the result.

Regarding the Fireline price. It runs $15 a spool @ Sports Authority. So 2 rolls purchased them would be $30. This is from a conglomerate that purchases millions of yards of the stuff annually - think of what they get it for at that volume. So your local guy charged you the same as the conglomerate - put it on the reels for you & then fixed your reel & it only cost you an extra $12.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Beach buggy tackle

Does anybody Know where I can get a nice permanent tackle storage, for my buggie? My plugs are getting over crowded.I know alot of guys that make their own, but I just don't have that much free time. help please!!!!!!!!!!
Thanxs guys & gals

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fishing line

A buddy of mine spoke to another surf fisherman who told him that he uses Black Ande for casting. He says it casts excellent - as I saw, and that it is stronger than regular mono. Anyone have any experience with it. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any suggestions and recommendations are appreciated.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Be very careful buying tackle on ebay!

Most sellers are good but you do have to read the auction descriptions very closely. Certain "key phrases" can mean the difference between a good product and a beaten up one.

I have bought reels and lures on ebay and for the most part everything was fine. But a couple of times the product wasn't was I thought it would be. As always - buyer beware!

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.