NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello -when i hear everyone fishing the docklines in atlantic beach for stripers chumming and using bellies are they anchored or drifting and if soo which tide works best?

all info and relate info on this subject is appreciated
tight lines-capt frankie

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i fish manhasset bay on the north shore and fished many of the docks that have lights at night. the bass sit in the shadow line and ambush the spearing that venture to close to the egde of the light. some nights u cane see 20lb fish just crusing back and forth. i usually use quater ounce bucktails all the way down to shad darts when the fish are finicky. throw the bucktail into the darkness and you will usually get hit when the lure comes into the light. good luck to all........ flybyme.

·
Registered
300 Posts
flybyme -

Are you using a trailer (pork rind, etc) on those bucktails and do you anchor up or drift around the columns? Any luck during the day in these spots for stripers and flounder?

MC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.