NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
It depends on what your looking for; basics, advanced,salt, fresh, etc.. I did a search in my local library and found plenty such as "Idiots guide to fishing" which is very helpful and basic and "Encyclopedia of Fishing" looks a little old but has useful info. Or Go to a big store like Boarders and go to the fishing/hunting section. They should have everything you need there. Hope this helps, Good Luck.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I would recommmend going to Barnes & Noble. At the information desk, tell give them a topic, ex. surfcasting and she will do a search and a list of books will come up.

for surfcasting, I would recommend Striper Surf, by F. Daignault, Surf Fishing by C. Burnley (I think) and another one which I can't remember at the moment. Good luck.

mudman

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry Guys! I should have been more specific. I read somewhere on this site about a book on salt water fishing. I was for beginners to advance. Took a fish, showed a picture and went into depth about how to fish for it. Rather than try hit and miss, I ask about it here. First hand knowledge about a specific book is better than doing a search on Amazon and trying to make a blind choice from all wide selection

But there is NO substitute for getting out on the water and practicing what you just read about.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
There are a lot of great saltwater fishing books, but again, you need to narrow it down a bit more before any specific titles can be suggested.

Surf?
Boat?
Inshore?
Offshore?
Lures?
Bait?
Fly?

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
588 Posts
i brought a good book awhile ago, THE GUIDE TO SURF FISHING, which is a collection of articles from *************. IT HAS GOOD SPOTS TO FISH FROM,SURF FISHING FROM THE BEACH,ROCK PILES,PIERS. AN YOUR BACK YARD... I LOVE IT FOR ALL SURF FISHING NEEDS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.