NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found him in my crab trap this morning... I think its either a small blackfish or bergal??

I live in Blue Point.. South shore LI

What do you think I will be doing next weekend??

He was released alive!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
47,014 Posts
Stargazer.

Only kidding it's a blackfish.

What kind of crabs are you getting in your traps now?

This post edited by crabman1130 05:03 PM 02/10/2008

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no crabs.. I was to lazy to pull the traps out from last yr. I'm getting antsy so I pulled them up today to see if I would be able to use them next season. A few times last yr I had some fluke in them.

·
Administrator
112,311 Posts
i cought a few small togs like that while fishing i was told when they are young they can change colors to adapt to their surroundings to give them a better chance at not being eaten by other fish

·
Registered
331 Posts
That is definitely a blackfish. Bergals (cunner) have a narrower head and a nasty set of teeth. Small bergals are normally olive and brown colored. When you see larger bergals further from shore, they can take many colors depending on the conditions, commonly orange and brown.

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
floatstone wrote:
How about my small winter flouder take on your small balckfish in a death match Just Joking

Look at the mouth on that thing, doesn't look anything like a winter flounder to me!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.