NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Memebers,

I'm taking next week off, what can I expect part boat fishing in the western sound? I'm hoping to hit the Klondike next Thursday & Friday. Anyone here fish them around this time?

Thanks,

BG

· Registered
911 Posts
I added this report to my personal fishing log from 10/3/01 and if I were going out next week I would expect fairly similar results with maybe larger fish: High tide at 12 noon with bright sunny 80degree fall day. Diamond Jigged a few small (2-4lbs)blues as well as some undersized stripers in the morning around New Haven. Went further east to around Bridgeport and the across to Eatons triangle and the bight was generally falling off around slack tide. It picked up again around 2pm when we landed some more small blues and more undersized bass and then a couple 7-8lbrs. only several larger fish on the boat including 12-13 lb pool winner and one keepr bass. Jim and I each got about nine blues and two bass. All in all a good day and the captain was great as usual.

Thanks a lot. Billfish

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys.

I know that among other places the capt will fish Port Jeff, Manhasset & Hemstead. My biggest worry is that by the time I finally manage some vacation time the fish will be gone from the above locations.

I'm hoping to break-out the bengay next tursday-monday nights.

I mean I hope I'll need it!

This message was edited by bluegill on 10-15-01 @ 1:30 PM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.