NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
11,914 Posts
I usually figure on slack water about two and a half hours after high tide for FI inlet. Not always a perfect method but it's pretty close. Some other publications give you current tables as well as tide charts. Currents are what you want to look for.

Just note when the current changes sometime when you're out there, come back and check the tide charts for that time. Do this for different points along the inlet. The tide at the coast guard station is twenty minutes behind the inlet. And Ocean beach can be two hours behind the inlet. Use this information and you can really increase the amount of prime ebb tide time you get to fish.

Also,currents follow the tides differently all around the island. At the Stony Brook Harbor inlet slack water comes about 45 minutes after high tide.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip LedaAnnIV.The Oct 16 issue omitted the currents for F.I. inlet.Why arent they posted on the website? This publication has Ruled since its inception as does the website and they just keep getting better but dont you think the currents being posted along with the tide charts on the website would be a welcome addition?You might want to bring that up at the next editors meeting ;)

· Registered
947 Posts
They used to be on the old tides format but the program only went to 12/2000. George is trying to get that feature back online. In fact, I brought that up in the spring at the start of bass season when I couldn't find current info.

Bill Sullivan
Jones/Debs editor
Nor'east Saltwater

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.