NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across an interesting artical in this months issue of "American Angler". It gave tying instructions on how to tie epoxy style flys using Softex and EZ Body Braid. By using EZ Body Braid and Softex, there is no need to rotate the fly during the drying process.

I tied up one of their patteerns, a finger mullet, using polar fiber. I thought it came out pritty good and I'm enclosing a picture of the finished product.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
First of all very nice job on the fly.
Just a warning about Softex make sure you use it in a well ventilated area. I usually tie flies with it during spring time when i can make the flies outdoors. Also if someone is pregnant in the house Softex is a no no.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Softex is great. Besides the fumes, it doesn't dry clear. It's "milky" when dry. And it doesn't dry smooth like epoxy or EZ Sparkle.

Those aside, you could use it as a general body coating. But I'm not fond of it for that purpose. I do like it as a substitute for silicon as a fly head material for bigger flies.

ArtsNFlies.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.