NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usual don't "vent" but here I go......I am amazed how many people get all fired up when they want people to speak English, but at the keyboard don't even make a feeble attempt at spelling. Now I can't spell wort a bean but I make an attempt at it. With all the spell check software out there there is no excuse to at least try and make your post readable.
Sometime you guys are so bad I feel you are posting in code! I know I can just not read them, but my complaint is more of we should practice what we preach. You want immigrants to speak English at least try to spell it correctly. FYI I had 8 spelling errors just on this post.

·
Registered
37,770 Posts
speaking vs. typing

English is the language of the USA, everyone who chooses to live here should have to speak it.

Typing is a skill that has to be learned, and no matter how much spell checking software is available some people are lucky they even know how to turn the computer on, never mind correct spelling errors.

I find some of the GIBBERISH you speak of funny and it doo's knot bodder me at-tol

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Cambridge Spelling Research

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Neat, eh?

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
I don't usually Vent here either,

So I wont. ;);):)= Wink, Wink, Smile

Don

·
Administrator
112,303 Posts
crabman1130 wrote:
canyonfvr wrote:
No coment from me i no i kant spell
That's why we have......

·
Registered
47,014 Posts
canyonfvr wrote:
crabman1130 wrote:
canyonfvr wrote:
No coment from me i no i kant spell
That's why we have......

You're a good sport Glenn. I was expecting:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
were having fun..
. this ain't no english class....

this is the LOUNGE of a fishing site...

i find it amusing.

plus, i am more mathameticaly enclined
And my time is too valuable to go back and fix things that can be understood...

Like MakoMike says...in the above post, most can make it out.

but VENT away, it is cool.

and ya know what the proper term for a chickens 'egg-butt hole' is?????

yup, u got it... "Vent..." sorry but my chicken anatomy book surfaces everytime i hear that word..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

silly aint it?? :):)

·
Registered
41,913 Posts
hovbuild wrote:
I usual don't "vent" but here I go......I am amazed how many people get all fired up when they want people to speak English, but at the keyboard don't even make a feeble attempt at spelling. Now I can't spell wort a bean but I make an attempt at it. With all the spell check software out there there is no excuse to at least try and make your post readable.
Sometime you guys are so bad I feel you are posting in code! I know I can just not read them, but my complaint is more of we should practice what we preach. You want immigrants to speak English at least try to spell it correctly. FYI I had 8 spelling errors just on this post.

first
its illegal aliens nd we don't want them to speak English
we want them out of here.
as for the bad spelling who cares its a lounge not a spelling school.
I'm trying my best
r u an over payed teacher nd wats that
hovbuild
that's not even a word
it keeps coming up red on my spell check
nd weres my book

This post edited by edvac 06:39 PM 01/03/2008

Attachments

·
Registered
27,361 Posts
SORTIE wrote:
1dogshy wrote:
plus, i am more mathameticaly enclinedI certainly hope so, Miss Carolyn:rolleyes:

Skip's got a new Mistress?
:rolleyes:

Oh wait, he only called her "Miss"... my bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.