NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, I bought a boat with a 1990 mariner 50 on it and would like to get the correct maintenace manual for it. Can anyone tell me if this motor is a 2,3,or 4 cylinder.

I'm over here now

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know about 1990 but the current ones are three cylinders. Easiest way to tell is take off the cover and count the number of spark plugs. As far as manuals go try the manufactures web site (if their is one) a lot of them have manuals or basic information online.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
Undo the cover on the motor and tilt it up, then count the spark plugs, if mariner doesnt have a web site mercury is the parent company and my marina says that they are virtually the same motor. Or you can go to a marine parts place and ask for plugs for your motor, they can look it up for you.
Good luck
Matt
www.mercurymarine.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.