NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:
I'm posting this on all the boards. here goes.
Suzanne WElch is doing research on a common Eel parasite found in the UK. It's called a Anguillicola Crassus. It's a swim bladder nematode that effects the swim bladder of the common Eel.
If you have cought on or used one with this parasite, please E-Mail this info to her at:
[email protected]
There is some great info on fishing in the UK.
Keep your feet dry and catch 'em up.
Joe B. ...aka...Ancient mariner

Keep your feet dry and
catch 'em up.
Joseph Bielawski

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
How would you know if the eel you're using/catching has this condition? What are physical signs?

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
How would you know if the eel you're using/catching has this condition? What are physical signs?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All :
A good question. I don't know what this parasite looks like.
I'll E-Mail Suzanne and find out and post the results when I can.
Thanks for that quick turn around.
Joe B. ...aka...Ancient Mariner

Keep your feet dry and
catch 'em up.
Joseph Bielawski

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guys :
The parasite worm is approx 1-2 cm. long. It will appear whitish in color. It infects the swimm bladder. This bladder is found just below the spine.
Since there are no known native parasites that in habit the swim bladder, whatever you find will be AC.
I'm hoping to get a picture faxed to me. As soon as I get it, I'll post it on this site.
Thanks for all the help in this.
Joe B. ...aka...Ancient Mariner

Keep your feet dry and
catch 'em up.
Joseph Bielawski

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.