NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
While a good topic, the article in question was deleted because it referenced a person?s real first and last name, and it was requested that it be removed.

Fourtwenty ?

I?m not even sure what your referring to, but I can assure you there has NEVER been a time that a thread was deleted for the reason you describe and I challenge you to prove otherwise.

Respectfully,
George R. Scocca
Publisher, Nor'east Saltwater

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I had made several attempts to mention the site ************** as haveing a large selection of wreck numbers and each time I attemped to post it the name of the site was deleated. It seems a little silly considering the fact that they have noreast listed in their links section.

See what I mean! Keep it Reel guys.

This message was edited by spygull on 11-28-01 @ 5:07 PM

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well, last time I looked, this board was a service that was provided for free. When it becomes a pay-per-play, then BB will have a leg to stand on. Want freedom of speech? Start your own board. Nobody said that freedom was cheap :)
Any "pruning" of threads has been OK, with no visible difference. Anyone else wanna chime in?
Remember, if you slander one of Noreast's competitors (or any other business) on this board, then you're putting NE in jeopardy of a lawsuit and even if the suit fails, legal fees can cripple a business, so cut the guy a little slack, OK? :)

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Spygull,

Many words, sites and names cannot be viewed on the site for a number of reasons and crag has mentioned one of the more important ones. We are liable for much of what is written on this board, and unfortunately many users feel that they can come here and bash our competitors, advertisers and non-advertisers alike. The auto word delete is one way of keeping that problem to a minimum.

Respectfully,
George R. Scocca

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I can empathize with your problem George but it can be frustrating when you are trying to do something positive. there should be a way to kick posts with key words into an area where they can be edited for offensive content that might get you in trouble.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I find it amazing that some people don't realize the need to edit.
Slanderous/libelous content MUST be removed, for example.
Just what do you THINK an editors job is supposed to be? Ahhh...thank you very much!
Now that you smell the coffee, have a cup and then go fish.

Hirame

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Spygull,

It is possible to do that, but with the volume of questions, technical problems, and overall moderating of the site we?re looking at ways to reduce the amount of personal filtering.

For example here?s what we?ve responded to already today:

[*]An inappropriate photo had to be deleted on our Put Yourself on the Cover option.

[*]36- Technical questions were answered.

[*]Topics were deleted from one of our discussion boards and a few people were warned about future postings.

[*]Fishing reports were read and approved.

[*]We had to respond to a threat of a lawsuit by a commercial site that was trashed on this site, and somehow it got through long enough for them to be concerned. Another site demanded we remove a link to their site that was entered without there approval.

[*]I?m personally in the process of responding to over 30 emails I received overnight regarding the site. That?s not to mention my personal email.
[/list]
And it?s not even 11:00 AM yet!

The thing I need to do least of all is to start filtering every message that?s posted to all of our discussion boards.

I hope you understand :)

Respectfully,
George R. Scocca

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.