NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that Ed had a stroke and is in a upstate hospital. I would like to send him a get well card. Does anybody have any information as to what hospital he is in?
Thanks

·
Registered
37,770 Posts
That stinks

I always liked him, hope he is o.k.
When he switched to the L.I. press, it was the only artical I ever read in that paper, don't know were he went from there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ed Lowe we wish you well

I hope Ed recovers. I knew his whole family. His dad Ed Lowe Sr was a detective for Amityville PD. Always a no-nonsense cop, but he had a good heart and was nice to us kids. He was also the detective on the scene during that 'Amityville Horror' fiasco. I remember they had an adopted son we called Jimmy Lowe, I was a friend of his for a while, but his behavior was like a little psychotic so our friendship ended.
I always wondered what became of Jimmy Lowe. Now I know that Ed Jr. was a fixture at Toomey's 'tavern on the crik' and people used to say good-naturedly that Ed got a lot of his stories from the talk around Toomey's. I knew Ed a bit, he shared how he used to play guitar on a riverboat for fun, playing that song 'So Fine' over and over. Like most of us, I remember his Newsday stories. I also remeber his family and again like most of us I pray for his recovery. My dad had a stroke when I was a little kid, and he recovered fully, so I know there's hope. A word of caution, guys, watch your blood pressure as this is the cause of many strokes. Things like salt, overweight and smoking make it more likely, so just take care of yourselves and join me in wishing Ed Lowe Jr the best.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I heard that he is in a hospital up state,was at some family affair and had a stroke. I dont know his condition. I heard this @Jackomo across the street from Tomeys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.