NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get the old black Sidewinders that RED used to sell because I am returning this ANKO reel I got because compared to the ones I bought from RED 15 years ago are awesome and I havent had a Problem yet...

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks,
Russ

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Russ you happen to be fortunate since Stella Maris in Sheepshead Bay sells the best Delrin sidewinders made at this time. Check with the guys in the store since it is possible they could be sold out at this time of the year and are awaiting a new shipment from the machinist who is now making them.

The only other way is to place a want add on NOREAST stating that you want to buy a Delrin sidewinder, any size. You may get lucky, and someone might just sell you one.

This is the best I can offer here since the ones I hear about that are being sold, are bought pretty quickly these days. Seems no one wants to let their old Delrin sidewinders go.

Tell us how you make out when you pick one up. Good luck!

EC NEWELL MAN<>

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks EC I will be there tomorrow to try and get that reel and send this other one back to where it came.

Walkingontime, it wasnt what I expected and it will do me no good so I am returning it.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I got ya

I had a few Delrins, but sold them to Mikey Tautoga before I moved to maine, the Delrins from the bay are really nice and they spin very well, want to have fun? Blue fish or clam belly a Bass with one, your knuckles will NEVER be the same after the first fish......

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EC now thats what I was looking for thanks. Oh ok i thought they sold sidewinders but I thought they were those ANKO pieces of, well you know.

Im picking one up on friday. I just wished it had black handels...

This post edited by Russtheman 06:44 PM 01/10/2008

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.