NorEast Fishing Forum banner

EC a few more pics

10K views 58 replies 18 participants last post by  RUNLATE 
#1 ·
Pic 1- Tripleheader bliner notice the longer leaders these fish can be very smart and picky depending on the moon.

Pic 2- Red grouper

Pic 3- The catch

Pic 4- Greenstickin

Pic 5- Gag caught while trolling for kings

Steve the fishing down here requires some very long leaders at times if it is rough or there is alot of current sometimes we will use 30ft leaders for the groupers and always crank the bait at least 5-10 ft off the bottom so u dnt get hung up the bottom fish are always looking up 2 so u get alot more bites then u would on the bottom anyway plus if u do fish right on the bottom the morey eels always eat your bait and rap u up in the rocks. But when my friends cme on the boat and use the hand crank they catch a lot because u can feel them so much better. On the hydraulics u use a minimum 3lbs lead so sometimes it is hard to feel the beliner bites. But anyway hope u enjoy the pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Bringing some old school pics out there Jay that was just him and I that day, home for a few days getting monk gear ready, then back to florida and Nc for few weeks

dont worry capt be back down shortly, gonna be different year in ole canyon without ya, who am i gonna talk to at 1:30 am everyday

#12 ·
Joey looks like your doing great down there. Not surprising though as you will master any place you fish. With Marc down there at least you have some good crew.

I liked Robbie the jeweler. I hope you and Jay picked up a few Polish curse words when we cursed out the Jamaica and graphite rods. :) That kielbasa was pretty good.

Don't worry Jay, the canyons will not be empty. You know who is getting into the Canyon thing this year......poor Bryce has no idea what he's going to get into. ;)

#15 ·
Hi Joe....just incredible fishing down there....I guess your letting everyone know there's a few fish that can be caught down there!

Well glad to see your enjoying it...sure beats the doom and gloom and empty wrecks we now have up here.

You take care....all quiet except for one boat up here (the 'Red-Boats' competition), but it really slowed down from two weeks ago when it was 'drop and lock' codding over here.

Talk to ya!

EC NEWELL MAN<>

#24 ·
Nothin much gettin ready for the tunas to show up just bottomfishin an mackerel fishin till then a few yellowfin were caught yesterday there gonna show up on the rockpile anyday now an we will be waitin for em but the weather has been terrible the past week welcome to hte outer banks in april

#25 ·
Hey Joey,

Stopped by the boat the other day thought you might be around. Call me before you leave for the promised land. I'll be following the yellow brick road shortly after. God this wind never wants to stop blowing. Im going to have to change oil because I've been sitting at the dock to long. Later Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.