NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
112,310 Posts
steve44 wrote:
any ducks unlimited members in here ? any one been to a banquet/auction latly ?

i went to one banquet/auction about 5/6 yrs ago ill never go to a nother one

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
canyonfvr wrote:
steve44 wrote:
any ducks unlimited members in here ? any one been to a banquet/auction latly ?

i went to one banquet/auction about 5/6 yrs ago ill never go to a nother one

Why?

·
Administrator
112,310 Posts
it was over priced food wasnt that good and a bunch of us thought the auction was rigged i was outside having a smoke they called my number i won something but couldnt get it because i was outside the door

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
Well, Not to put too fine a point on it, but they're supposed to be overpriced to raise money for the organization. Food quality is a different issue, as are rafells.

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
mm wrote:
Food quality is a different issue, as are rafells.

Isn't that a greek dish?
;)

·
Administrator
112,310 Posts
MakoMike wrote:
Well, Not to put too fine a point on it, but they're supposed to be overpriced to raise money for the organization. Food quality is a different issue, as are rafells.

i thought they rasied their money thru the raffels not jacking up the price of food in the resturant where they held the event

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
wader wrote:
mm wrote:
Food quality is a different issue, as are rafells.

Isn't that a greek dish?
;)

Sure is! And to think someone else in a different thread was trying to take me to task for being the spelling police!

Glen,
I think they their money both ways.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
steve I am a member,I have not been to a banquet in some time 17 years I think.Did 4 or 5 when i was younger,my group was a bit to roudy for membership.Ive mellowed with age,its getting tougher and tougher to enjoy my favorite past time on long Island.I still pay my member dues and donate yearly,also by the DU gear.Hope it all helps.Well I will be on the bay or ocean monday chasin scoters and oldsqaws,goose pit in the afternoon,toggin on tuesday.Life is good!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
My father and I are DU members. I think the organization is great, and I love the gear, but the banquets are probably the worst part of it all. I didn't think it was worth the time/money. But like I said- great organization, definitely worth supporting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.