NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you think the drought has affected or will affect the fishing in the reseviors? Assuming we could fish them?

Now would be a great time to go there with a map & a GPS, and start scribbling down bottom structure. Of course that is wishful thinking, as I doubt anyone would be allowed to walk on the resevior basin besides a channel 7 Newscaster.

I assume all the fish that havent already died are piled up on top of each other looking for a hook.

·
Registered
509 Posts
It depends on which reservoir your looking at. I know the Catskill impoundments are really taking a hit. However the Croton system is still around 75-80% full. Hopefully we'll get some normal rainfall in March & April. I do remember one year when I had to drag my boat about 100 yds to get to the water at Croton Falls.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i remember years ago,when the rez really took a hit,I MEAN SUPER LOW MAN~!!and it didnt hurt the fishing one bit,,cross river looked like a puddle with a "creek" runnin' to it,,that same year we killed the browns and the years after also!!there are usally deep holes that the fish can hide in and small rivers will provide enough oxygen to sustain most fish,providing they moved with the flow and didnt get caught up in the "puddles"and become heron and racoon bait!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.