NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my recent drive around and checking lots of locations, I'm starting to relize actually how bad this will be for us down the road. A few examples:

East Branch and Boyds Corner Res.

Both of these reservoirs have been stocked with Walleye.

Boyds has been the victim of lowering for several years in a row now. Effectivly destroying all chances of the walleye fry being able to take hold. Few of the fry made it to legal size. The last couple of years have seen the surviving fish flushed into West Branch Res. due to the DEP's efforts to dilute the polluted water coming in from Rondout.

East Branch was a shining star of a walleye fishery. Walleye over 10lbs where starting to show, and the good news was they where successfully spawning, several 5-8" fish where caught last year.

There will be no spawn on East Branch this year. We will loose a whole year class, not to mention the added pressure on the existing biomass from living in a mud puddle.

Trout Stream Stocking

Several area streams have had their stocking delayed or relocated due to low water levels.

Feel free to add your own "drought hit list"

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Prospect Park is extremely low too, as I found out today. Last year the water came up to and over the cobblestone lip, today it was about a foot + lower. To top it off, the one spot I have caught quite a few fish in over the past few years during this time: they are doing construction and the area is closed off. To top it off, there is someone actually keeping an eye out because I got kicked out about 5 minutes after I got to "my" spot.

Sort of weird - last year this time, there was a lot more life in the Park, birds, sunnies, Bass, and commorants (which suck) Today, nothing was around as if someone scooped all the fish out?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.