NorEast Fishing Forum banner
641 - 647 of 647 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
steveinak wrote:
Is the last picture in the north channel of shark river? If it is then the dock & the property with the camper on it used to belong to me!! The property not the camper.

Yup. Right next to Bry's. Good eye! I'm docked directly across from your old property!

·
Registered
161 Posts
suddzy wrote:
steveinak wrote:
Is the last picture in the north channel of shark river? If it is then the dock & the property with the camper on it used to belong to me!! The property not the camper.

Yup. Right next to Bry's. Good eye! I'm docked directly across from your old property!

Thought it looked familiar, that whole place has really changed over the years, i remember when all those condo's on your side were just cattails, do you know that the island was made of dredge spoils from dredging of the river years ago. I hear that the back channel heading towards belmar is really shallow?? I was back there in november and it looked like the whole river is going dry at low tide. The guy that bought the place sure did fix it up nice. My partner in on the property kept it like a dump with all of his old lobster gear all over the place. I wish i would of bought the other 5 lots next to mine back in the mid 70's when i bought mine.

This post edited by steveinak 01:37 AM 02/05/2012

·
Registered
6 Posts
The back channel really does need to be dredged. Less than 4' at low tide. It was navigatable most of the year until Irene. After that it filled in making dead low almost impossible. Not that it was great before. My marina is great. Love it other than the low water in the back.

641 - 647 of 647 Posts