NorEast Fishing Forum banner
621 - 640 of 647 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
steveinak wrote:
rampage88 wrote:
Steveinak, Best of luck with the 29 H&H, it appears to be in great condition. I have the 32 H&H & am about half way thru a new interior project on mine. I'll look fwd to seeing how yours progresses. Again, best of luck with your new ride

Thanks for the good wishes,it is in great shape its former owner was a merchant marine captain who ran LNG tankers and only lobstered it during the summers when he was home, unfortunately he got sick last year and passed away(RIP Toddy)and thats how the boat came up for sale. If you have any pictures of your project i'd love to see them might just give me a few ideas on a layout for mine. Thanks again and best to you also.

Here's the only pics I could find, but I'll get some more as work progresses. The cabin will have a small galley to port, a queen berth forward of that & a twin bunk to starboard. I'm able to fit all this because I opted not to put a private head in & that opens up tons of space. It will have a swing out porta-potti from under the twin berth. This boat is primarily used for inshore fishing & weekends away with the wife & we're usually tied up at a marina & have facilities available. Trying to keep this boat as simple as possible. No fridge,no gen,no holding tanks, basic,basic,basic. When I bought this boat from Steve Law last year it had 2 huge bunks & I was able to leave the starboard bunk & build the new interior around that. Should be a pretty cool lay-out when all is done. I'll try to get some pics this weekend, as I hope to have a couple full days to make some progress

This post edited by rampage88 12:35 PM 05/20/2011

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
powderpro wrote:
The Wesmacs are the nicest looking DE boats available. Whoever designed those boats knew what he was doing. Wish I could afford their 42 footer.

I agree with you that the Wesmac is the best looking "lobster" boat out there. I think its the low profile truck cabin that does it. On top of that they are considered one of the best preforming.

Geoff Dickes was/is the designer. The design is close to 20 years old though. What do you think Geoff has done in the years since the inception of this boat line? With it being the baseline .... I bet the answer is some pretty awesome stuff.

·
Registered
161 Posts
winterking wrote:
Took these a couple of weeks ago, 38 osmond and i think 42 wesmac, Brian should enjoy these
Tom:)

Brian, the reels are huge looks like they would hold six shots of cook inlet gear

Somebody made a trip to/around Viking Village? I'd bet those reels would hold 4-5 of my PWS deep nets, i don't know how many monk nets they get on them, maybe 50-60 nets?? I gillnetted out of there one fall back in the late 70's. Last time i was there was 1990?? sure bet that place has changed a lot since then.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Just picked up this 22ft Sisu. 80hp Lehman diesel. Double axle trailer. The boat will get a new deck, full paint job, some minor engine work(belts, hoses, filters and paint) and we will go over all the running gear. should be as good as new in short time. Won't start till after fishing season.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
This is the one you're gonna throw some lipstick on, right?? Lol. Seriously though, that is a sweet little cc. I've never seen one before. Just gotta remove all those rails. Are you going to keep the lehman?? Looking forward to watching the build this winter!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
4cyl Lehman will stay. She won't be a speed deamon but should be good on fuel. I was thinking of keeping the bow rail but I guess I'll have to see what looks better because I don't think I'll need it for freeboard reasons. I'll probably add spray rails also.

621 - 640 of 647 Posts