NorEast Fishing Forum banner
601 - 620 of 647 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
SORTIE wrote:
that's a classic DE Jason: fine form & serious function!

beautiful lines and you've got love the dry exhaust!

The only thing I dont miss about my diesel boat is the **** dry exhaust. I think I still have a headache and she was sold 9 months ago.

I skimmed thu almost all of this thread and I have to say i'm DROOLING and Laura is looking at me funny with the "Don't even think about another commercial boat look"

This post edited by BadLatitude 08:41 PM 09/26/2010

·
Registered
299 Posts
GHARGRAVES,

I used to drool over your old wilbur everytime i went on Yachtworld. Cognrats on selling her, but i know it must be a hard thing to do.
She was really pretty.

Congrats on you new ride as well. Looks alittle faster than the wilbur.

DBM

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
15 Posts
DBM1234 wrote:
GHARGRAVES,

I used to drool over your old wilbur everytime i went on Yachtworld. Cognrats on selling her, but i know it must be a hard thing to do.
She was really pretty.

Congrats on you new ride as well. Looks alittle faster than the wilbur.

DBM

Thanks for the kind words and good friend actually bought her, so we still get to take for a run now and then. Just a super boat.

I have to say the Tides has more than exceeded our expectations and has a **** of ride for a 27' boat. With young kids, it gives us a lot more destination options.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Are these kinds of boats mainly commercial fishing boats?

Also what are those long planks that stick out of the front of some of the boats? It reminds me of something strait out of jaws haha. Is it to spot fish?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
lizardking3 wrote:
Are these kinds of boats mainly commercial fishing boats?

Also what are those long planks that stick out of the front of some of the boats? It reminds me of something strait out of jaws haha. Is it to spot fish?
Teh pupits are to harpoon giant blufin tuna or a sword fish that may be on top suning itself.

·
Registered
161 Posts
DE in Alaska its on its way !!

Well i've been lurking on this forum since last summer checking out all those beautiful DE boats. Last october i bought a 29 H&H in Mass had a trailer built for it and as of monday its on its way to Seattle to be loaded on a barge for Alaska its new home. I'll be asking lots of questions later this fall as i'm planning to build a split house on it so i have a warm cabin to duck into and the forward of the boat is unfinished so i have to add bunks and a small galley. The hull was finished by Pen Bay Boats and is powered by a 300HP 6068 John Deere(800 hours on the meter) w/a 2:1 Twin Disc trans, 1 3/4 shaft, 24x26 wheel. Here's a few pics so let me know what you guys think of this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
clementine wrote:
That is, I believe, a 48' x 17' Dixon

Yes, Dixon 48X17. Herbies old Fish Bucket. Now Lucky Hook Charters, Clinton Ct. Capt Tony finished off the interior & she's a beaut for sure !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Steveinak, Best of luck with the 29 H&H, it appears to be in great condition. I have the 32 H&H & am about half way thru a new interior project on mine. I'll look fwd to seeing how yours progresses. Again, best of luck with your new ride

·
Registered
161 Posts
rampage88 wrote:
Steveinak, Best of luck with the 29 H&H, it appears to be in great condition. I have the 32 H&H & am about half way thru a new interior project on mine. I'll look fwd to seeing how yours progresses. Again, best of luck with your new ride

Thanks for the good wishes,it is in great shape its former owner was a merchant marine captain who ran LNG tankers and only lobstered it during the summers when he was home, unfortunately he got sick last year and passed away(RIP Toddy)and thats how the boat came up for sale. If you have any pictures of your project i'd love to see them might just give me a few ideas on a layout for mine. Thanks again and best to you also.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Nice!!

601 - 620 of 647 Posts