NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me how far the lilco outlet is from the mouth of the nissequoge river. also, is there a boat ramp close to the lilco plant that is accessable for none huntington residents. thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
to answer your 1st question
it is 5.23n/m from lilco to the river
now to answer your 2nd question
no.
but you can pay a daily fee not sure how much but think it's going to be up there. where are you located. If on the north shore, I'm sure there are a few
ramps you can use.
Tight lines and good luck.
Bob

·
Registered
127 Posts
There is a ramp right at the power plant that I believe non Huntington residents can use before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. But if you are a Smithtown resident it is easier to drop your boat in at the Bluff and take the boat ride to Lilco than it is to trailer it to Huntington. There are lot's of good fishing spots between the Nisseqouge and the Lilco plant you may want to explore on the way

·
Registered
14 Posts
I launch out of KP and will head out tomorrow... just curious, what type of boat do you have? I have a small 16 ft Aluminum 40Hp and the run over there takes about 20 minutes depending on conditions... If your unsure, I can meet you at the dock... I picked up my boat just last year, but have been out about 30-40 times already, so maybe I can help...

I plan on taking a run over to Smithtown dock (Porpoise Chnl) tomorrow too...

Let me know,
Richie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.