NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that some people cant pick up there plastic bait bags? Every time I fish Tobay the beach is full of plastic bags it realy pisses me off. I never leave any junk on the beach. Why cant these people pick up after themselves? Didn't your mother's teach you to pick up after yourselves? You people give all us fisherman who pick up after ourselves a bad name. Then when we are not aloud to fish Tobay any more will know who to blame. Let me see who is dowing this and then you pigs will see what happens to you or maby your cars in the lot. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
It's getting worse and worse every season. Not just Tobay, many other places too. Really seems to have picked up the last 2 or so years (or maybe I'm just noticing it more).

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
178 Posts
You guys should see the Ponquogue bridge out in Shinne****! It's disgusting. Even at the inlet, people dump their trash and anything else they want in between the rocks, it's a disgrace.

The Ponquogue is the worst though, people just pile stuff up on the Northside like it's a garbage dump... Disgraceful

·
Registered
122 Posts
Surf Nut, Can't agree with you more! I would suggest that you be very careful on who's car you mess with, even if you are positive you can get yourself into a situation. Be smart, be safe, it isn't always worth it! Remember, during the beach season, its probably just as bad and there were no fisherman to blame; they just had clean-ups.
Regards

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well during the beach season I saw one lady bring her MUT to the beach and the dog took a dump.
Then she just kicked some sand over it.I couldnt
believe what I just seen. You have families that
bring there little kids to beach and play in it.
I almost said something to her about it.
But next time I will. During the beach season
I saw alot of plastic bags, sandworm boxes etc
They need to post large signs not to leave any crap behind and more garbage cans maybe...
This ones even better how about the jerks who
caught a bunch of blue fish and left them on the beach to ROT!!! Real nice! Too bad I wasnt there for that but saw the dead fish scattered all over the beach. " Catch & Release " This is not Brain surgery, or maybe you should have your head examined!

IBEW local 1049

·
Registered
12 Posts
Easy, Surf Nut!
You sound like Chuck Zito at the beach!! It wasn't me! I swear! I saw a crew of guys leaving last week who "forgot" to grab their garbage. When I pointed it out to one of them, he happily went back and picked it up. That's the best way to do it. Messing with cars might work too, but it also might get you a crowbar to the knees!

Dress Warm and Good Luck!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
IBEW

Dead fish on the beach?! Don't these guys understand catch and release means to release them LIVE.

Hard to imagine that people are so STUPID.

Happy Holidays To All!

Most likely over for me unless we run into some HOT weather.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Jaiem your right it's getting worse year after year. But it's been going on for a lot more than 2 years.
Surf Nut your right about losing access due to some slobs that fish and leave there crap behind.
IBEW I've seen those people throw those blues on the beach and leave them there to rot and stink the place out. They actually think that by throwing the bluefish up onto the beach and letting them die will better there chances of catching a keeper striper. If only they had some working brain cells left in there hollow head they would realize how stupid they are.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Unfortunatly too many fishermen, throw fish up onto the beach to die. Bluefish, sandsharks, skates. All of which should be released if there not going to be table fare.

Part of the problem which was already stated, is they somehow think killing other species increases their chances of catching a bass. The logic in that does not have to be explained.

I believe another reason they keep the fish. Is to prove to everyone, that they actually caught something.

Hopefully some of the people responsible are reading these posts. If you are please just re-think your habits. We all need to cooperate if we hope to have continued beach access and improved fish stocks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Couldn't agree more. Started fishing at Jones beach this year and was totally disgusted fishing WE2 jetty this weekend. Tons of dead skates and sharks all over the jetty when I got there early in the morning. The smell of rotting fish was pretty bad. I hope these morons get what they deserve.

If the Parks department is reading this, a suggestion is to put up a sign at the walkway to every beach that reads "PLEASE PICK UP AFTER YOURSELF" and also the fishing regulations with the fine in big letters. And if they don't have the budget for it, come up with a sponsor a sign program and I'll sponsor a couple of signs for WE2.

Happy holidays to all the considerate fishermen but for the other bunch...may they find rotting fish in their socks...

G

·
I just read (quickly) the responses about garbage
on the beach....really getting worse....but the
one thing I noticed was everyone overlooked the
obvious solution....not vigilante responses but a
much simpler solution......pick up a piece or two
of the garbage yourself....if everyone did this
the beach would be MUCH cleaner...it's no big deal
to do this....it's up to US to keep it real....
I don't want to preach...but it's the only REAL
solution that would work NOW.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Roc,

Not a bad idea. However, the feeling becomes "Why should I pick your mess?" I know it effects all of us but that still doesn't address the problem of people feeling it's OK to leave trash on the beach.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
BB,

That other site may have popularized the spot somewhat, but the people who went there are the ones who left the garbage. Chances are good that if they left garbage at Tobay they would have left it else where too. And that's the point - why do people leave trash on the beach when it's easy to take it off and drop it in a garbage can?

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
jaiem and bb....life is too short to get upset
over it, it sucks but don't let it ruin your trip.
As for BB's comment about the new comers being
responsible it just isn't so.I've been fishing
south shore beaches and Montauk for 30 years and
people left bait bags and garbage back then too.
It sucked back then and it sucks now as well.
That's why LIBBA and the Montauk Surfcasters
Assoc. has to do beach clean ups every year for as
long as I can remember.
Pick up 2 pieces of garbage every time out and
you'll feel a whole lot better and probably not so
angry because you are doing something about it
instead of talking about it.
It took me awhile to try this and chill out too.
Try it and don't let the dirtbags upset you.
I'm not preaching just offering a way to deal with
a rotten situation.
Lastly, I just got back from Montauk last night
and the bass (mixed sizes) are still out there. Go
east now....it won'

·
Registered
473 Posts
Although I find it hard not to be upset with the dirt bags and if actually witnessed I am not against smashing a few car windows, try those shopping bags that crumble up real small and fit into any pocket on your way out just grab a few pieces of trash, it's all you can do

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey guys,
I've been fishing for over 25 years fresh & salt in my home state and up and down the east coast.

I always have a bag or two with me in my jacket or vest, It takes nothing to pack it in, a second to put a piece of trash in a bag and a few extra ounces to carry out, no sweat? My father taught me that when I was 5? the other thing he taught me? NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE PEOPLE ARE SLOBS? It sucks but "we" the responsible ones need to pick up after the slackers?

as for the mess in Tobay caused by "New comers", some maybe, but some like myself walk out with more trash than I came in with?

tight lines

nice site good to hear some "healthy debate" on another fishing forum

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.