NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks again jpd. the missus bought me a "waterproof" olympus sumthin' sumthin' 2 yrs. ago and it crapped the bed w/ my biggest bass to date on the deck. the camera was about a month old at that point. the camera and the fish havent been seen since. i would have to place durability over image quality in my search for a new one. also, the $200 looks like a pipedream.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Get a CANON and the waterproof case that is available for most of their models.
Slip it in the waterproof, "shoot thru" case and forget about getting it wet.
Will probably become your all around camera based on the quality of pictures and features they all have!

·
Registered
24,271 Posts
Mad Mahi wrote:
Get a CANON and the waterproof case that is available for most of their models.

That's what I have for fishing. I was a little disappointed to read a few years later that I was supposed to store the case opened, and replace the seals every year. I've never dropped it in the water with the camera inside, so we'll see....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
I have the Pentax Optio, an cannon with the case, had the old Sony, and a few other digital cameras.

The Pentax takes decent photos for what it costs. and it's waterproof and shock proof I believe. Cannon's point and shoot cameras IMO take some of the best photos right out of the box. Having to buy the case seperately though sucks, and that makes it a little bulkier to carry, and I've had problems with the case fogging up, out on the water while it's sitting out in the sun so the shots are ruined when you go to use it.

For something you plan on primarily knocking around on the boat, I'd say the Pentax. If you're only going to have one camera, I'd say the Cannon, and keep it in a ziplock on the boat, unless you're going to be taking it underwater.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.