NorEast Fishing Forum banner

Did you see the picture of a White tail deer in Jones Beach ?

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  canyonfvr 
#1 ·
Newsday had an article today about Nassau's deer population.
There's deer in Jones Beach state park ! Great ! If theres 1 , theres others.
These deer swam across Great South Bay and migrated west. Its nothing for a deer to swim across Great South Bay. Deer swim from Montauk to Block Island and visa versa. Crazy whitetails ! Deer have natural floatation , their hairs are hollow and it keeps them afloat .

And the North Shore deer population is growing. There were 10 deer collisions in 2007 !
And deer were spotted in Flushing Meadows park and Alley Park in Queens. Amazing !

I'm going down to Jones Beach during the winter and I'm looking for deer tracks. It'll be interesting.

This post edited by Vector 07:39 PM 06/30/2008

#7 ·
Wonderful! Now Jones Beach and points west will have deer ticks and
Lyme disease! I wish they'd let folks kill these pests! I like wild life too but come on! The geese being allowed to crap on school fields,
pigeons crapping up parks and train stations. The answer is not placing little spikey things on the signs or silloquetes of dogs on fields!
Let these VERMON know they are NOT WELCOME! If crews were to go out tonight and kill/destroy every nest in every train trestle in NY do you think pigeons will face extinction!? This PC crap gets to me! If they were RATS instead of "cutesy deer" "dear pigeons" or "protected geese",
EVERYONE would want them DEAD! That these "wild animals" are health hazards is the only reason I'm in favor of culling populations.

#9 ·
Gaucho wrote:
Vector wrote:
Newsday had an article today about Nassau's deer population.
There's deer in Jones Beach state park ! Great ! If theres 1 , theres others.
Ummm...Its about Newsday and Jones:rolleyes:

and a deer
which answered his deer question from 4 yrs ago

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.