NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what is the best tide to fish Democrat Point. I've only fished the Sore Thumb and Gilgo many times but the only times I've been successful is in the 2 to 4 hours following high tide. I have a chance to fish Democrat this Wednesday afternoon at low tide (around 4:15) and wondered if I would be wasting my time. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am by no means an expert on Demo, but have fished it a few times and have been taught by Bill Wetzel that the last two hours of the ebb and first two of the flood are good for areas like Demo and and Cedar Beach where there is current from from an inlet. My advice is...fish on!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Basso and Sandman,

Thanks for the reply. You're both right, is no BAD time to fish. But I've a wife and three schoolies at home and I work at least 50-60 hrs a week. Time is soooooo precious I just want to optimize it as much as possible. Anyway thanks for the advice.

Tightlines AtomAnt

·
Registered
118 Posts
AtomAnt,

I think Bassomatic's info is a good starting point. I am in the same boat as you. Lack of time. Actually, I usually follow Sandman's advise and go anytime I can get away. High or low tide, day or night, anytime. Given your schedule, you have to be satisfied with the fishing as opposed to the catching. You will catch. Just not as often as the "sharpies". If nothing else you improve/maintain your casting skills and get some solitude, fresh air and excersize. Since you work many hours you'll appreciate and benefit from this!

Waterlockd

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
On the whole, both tides can and do produce fish. You just have to adjust your approach depending on the structure you're fishing. And alwaysbe careful ofthe rising tide, especially out on the inlet bars!

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
96 Posts
Speaking to Jaiem's and Sandman's point, the only keeper I caught from the beach last year, after believing that evening, and bottom of ebb were the best times was at the top of the flood in broad daylight, with a bottle plug, when the striper was feeding on sand flees (iow, all rules broken) so in effect I sort of agree with sandman: while it is good to know some rules of thumb about tide, time of day, moon, etc., etc., the most important thing is enjoy the fishing!

·
Registered
843 Posts
went you do get fish either one hour/befor/or after/hight or low/tide
remember the time and what part of the tide .you can catch fish the next day
put one hour later.
went you catch a fish it will repeat at the same place next year with a 7 day either side of that day.

all way keep a lot of you fishing.

good luck!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.