NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the watergap on 5/22 and there was a lot of action.I myself caught about 10 smallmouth the biggest being 2Lbs.Also a few largemouth to 2Lbs and a walleye about 2Lbs. Also caught a load of bluegills and rock bass up to one and a half pounds.I lost a few shad.They kept falling off.My friend stuck to shad and he wound up with six from three to seven pounds.I watched him fight these silver beauties and it took five minutes to land them on six Lb.test.Overall alot of small stuff but a lot of action. Bestduck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pascal-We fished
columbia Lake. It is on exit 4 of route 80.We fished from land.If you are definitely going to try it, get back to me and I will give you exact directions.It is a bit tough to find. It helps to bring waders or at least boots. We caught most of the fish on small spinners or small castmasters. We also used worms and caught many bluegills on them. There is also trout of which we caught none.
You will also need a Jersey fishing. license. Send a reply and I will give you all the information-Bestduck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.