NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,365 Posts
I don't own a Parker, but as far as the general characteristics and individual strong points, you've got it right.

Lep

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
If you plan on going outside definately go with the deep vee. It is quite stable due to the wide beam, weight, and hard chines.

It is a hard hull to push, but with todays fuel efficient outboards you will realize very good fuel economy. With my 2520DVSC and a Yamaha F250 I get better then 2MPG.

Even the deep vee must be trimmed down and slowed down a bit to give a resonable ride in a head sea. With the modified vee, you would really have to slow down to the point where the boat would come off plane, killing your economy. The modified is much cheaper to purchase, and more efficient, but the Parker deep vee hull is what the company built their reputation on.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Where do you anticipate fishing with the boat?

And...in what kind of conditions?

If you are interested in getting out 10 miles and really want to be able to maintain cruise speed in a good chop then the deep vee will give you a better ride with less pounding...BUT....if you are fishing near shore or in the bay or the sound, then you might appreciate the stability of a modified vee.

I prefer the modified Vee by far. My boat is a pleasur to be on at anchor and I realize how good I have it when fishing on my brother's grady with the deep vee. the deep vee will roll around alot with a pitching sea. I fish only during reasonable weather conditions and when I'm caught in a big sea ...yes the boat will pound but only if I push it past a certain point.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I've been on both hulls and I prefer the deeper vee. BUT, you really have to figure out if you are gonna be going in the ocean or hanging out in the bay. The modified vee is fine for inshore use. If you plan to go out when the weather gets snotty, deep vee is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
To give you a better answer we would need to know 1) which parker you are considering and 2) what you intend to do with the boat

However, most people who ask this question are looking at the 25' and confused. Just bear in mind, the Parker "deep vee" is only 21 degree deadrise, not in the class of a Regulator, Contender, etc., and it is roughly a foot wider. So it's not a true, wave dicing/slicing, narrow beam (trailerable) deep vee. It's unfair to compare the ride to the aformentioned, on the other hand, it's unfair to compare their stability to a 25' Parker DV.

If you are looking at an inshore boat, that's another question. Whatever you considering, go take a ride on a snotty day. That's your best bet.

This post edited by paulh 11:18 PM 02/05/2008

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.