NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Capt. Neil-
Just killing some winter hours. These are just a few that I fish with; maybe other people can post pictures of their rods that they have made. It would be interesting to see what other people have come up with.

Another Rod Builder.
CapeSams

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Capesams,

Hi. Excellent idea. Thanks for sending the pictures of your fine work.

I hope Billy 40 sees this post and sends us some pictures.

I am not pc literate enough nor do I have the right type camera to post pictures. Sorry aout that!

How about it? Here is a chance to show off your hard work.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Capt. Neil/Rodpro/Billy40,

Thanks for great compliments on the wraps. I never read a book on how to (just looked at the pic.) and never took any classes on rod building. All by trial and error. Started out back in '73 making my first/sitting in a chair, watching TV. I am not sure what you mean by holographic tape. All my threads are gudebrod HT metallic and nylon. The only thing that is holographic is the bass sticker. Maybe I need to do some classes to get up to date on the right lingo thats being used today. As of right now, I know of no-one offering classes here on the cape. Except the one I am doing for the Cape Cod Salties this winter. Sorry if I took the word tape the wrong way. And I do thank you for the site with the pictures. I didn't know it was out there. This computer #@(& is new to me, I have een out fishing too long.
THANKS AGAIN,
Capesams

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
capesams.

The new catalog from Gudebrod is the best ever.

Great pictures and descriptions.

A couple years ago they came out with HT Braid. It is metallic and 1/8" wide. 16 colors.

Recently they introduced Electra Metallic Hologram braid. 12 colors and 1/8" wide. Wait till you do a butt wrap with this new product. After the rod is finished , put your sun glasses on, take the rod out into the sunshine and WOW!!!!! You will enjoy what you see!!!!

To get their new catalog call 1-(610)327-4050.

www.gudebrod.com

email = [email protected]

They also make a Butt Wind that comes in 1/16" and 1/8". 12 colors. I like to use the 1/16" in black to frame a butt wrap.

Next year you have to attend the New England rod building seminar hosted by RodCrafters. It is held just outside of Hartford Cn. A great way to spend a weekend. Meet great people and see fantastic rod work and learn how it is done.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CAPT.Neilf/BILLY40 This is what happens when you have to many other things going on at the same time. You miss out on all the great things are out there. Like this h/thread . Pottstown;PA. is very close to my mother-in-law's [which i try to stay away from]. I've been by gudebrods bld. but never had the time to stop. I will be calling them for the new cat. THANKS for that info. AND i will go an get a blue light bulb for better pic's. IT's no one's fault but my own for sending bad pic. THANKS for the help ---steve

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
I think the pictures came out fine - I just erred in my judgement of what threads were used.

A note about the Holo threads - I use MAdeira Holo, which I believe is the same as YLI & Prizm. I haven't seen the Gudebrod stuff yet, but I assume it's teh same but in more colors. When using it - use it sparingly. If you are doing a complex wrap, the glitter from this thread will overpower the wrap, and in my opinion make it guady (I am speaking about one of my own rods)

Look forward to seeing more pics, Billy

·
Registered
524 Posts
Capesams,

Capt Neil and I have a Rodcrafter buddy up on the Cape in Sandwich, Walt Barnes. I believe he is a member of the Cape Cod Salties. There are a number of other Rodcrafter members on the Cape, the Vineyard and Nantucket. Small world.

Al

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RODPROF; When your fishin on the beach and your all alone catchin fish/ you turn around and there's 10 other people from no where show up to help you catch those fish--YES it becomes a very small world. I looked at the membership list c.c.salties and found his name. I will look for him at the next meeting to see if he still belongs to the club. This list i have is for the year 2000. Told you i was behind the times. Will catch up some day. THEN LOOK OUT! THANKS --steve

i did look on the

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.